My BunBun Box
Curious to know what we provide our rescued bunnies on a daily basis? Here you go! Surprise your bun with this forage box filled with organic flowers and leaves!
Perfect to keep your fluff butt entertained while helping their digestion, mood and to overcome boredom. Simply mix the forage a bit (as the toppings are concentrated on the top) and sprinkle over your companion's hay for the perfect foraging experience (one to two teaspoon fulls is plenty a day!).
If your bunny happens to not like a specific topping, just let us know and we'll custom make the BunBun Box according to your bunny's desires!
**Please note - If this is the first time your bunny is trying a foraging mix, make sure to introduce a little bit at a time to avoid any upset tummies or irregularities. If this happens, simply discontinue the use and provide only hay for the next 24 hours and consult with your exotic vet to confirm the next steps.
Ingredients: Timothy Hay, Chamomile Flowers*, Hibiscus Flowers*, Blue Cornflowers*, Red Cornflowers*, White Cornflowers*, Rose Petals, Raspberry Leaves, Birch Leaves, Marigold Flowers*, Nettle Leaves, Lavender Flowers*, Papaya, Apple Wood Stick.
* is to indicate Ceritfied Organic. Ingredients not certified organic are grown in a pet-safe environment without chemicals.
Benefits of each toping
- Chamomile Flowers: Is known to have calming properties that can reduce stress in rabbits, and can also reduce pain, inflammation, and even fever. May also aid in reducing gas.
- Hibicus Flowers: It has copious amounts of antioxidants and is a wonderful source of vitamin C. It can also help prevent bladder infection as well as constipation.
- Lavender Flowers: Has properties that are anti-tumor and anti-fungal and aids in reducing cholesterol levels. Can also aid in nervous stress.
- Blue/Red/White Cornflowers: Natural fibre and is reputed to help support normal digestion as well as possessing anti-inflammatory properties too.
- Rose Petals: Anti-carcinogen and may aid in preventing the development of cancer. The petals can also aid in preventing infections, respiratory diseases, and they can help in calming a rabbit by reducing stress and anxiety.
- Raspberry Leaves: High in fibre and are very handy if you have a rabbit with a sensitive tummy or that needs tempting to eat.
- Birch Leaves: Are high in fibre, they regulate the kidney function & purify the blood, they contain ethereal oils & are high in Vitamin C
- Marigold Flowers: Some of their uses include healing foot ulcers, speeds skin healing process, helps fight against cancer, reduces inflammatory problems, among other benefits.
- Nettle Leaves: Nettles are full of vitamins, minerals, and essential acids. All of these work together to fight free radicals, and can help reduce inflammation, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.
- Papya: Aids with digestion and upset stomach
While herbs are generally healthy, can be used to enrich your bunny’s life and have mild medicinal properties, you should never try to treat a rabbit’s illness using just these herbs. Please, if you notice any symptoms of illness in your rabbit, consult your veterinarian as soon as possible. We do not claim to heal or treat any illneses with this forage box.